Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Friday, November 19, 2010

Another UFO finished (not quilty!!)

Today I received a phone call from the picture framers that my cross stitch of 'Little Women' was finished.  I have been working on this for quite some time - like 3 years!!!  When I retrieved it from the 'UFO' bin all I had to do was the backstitching.  While I had some time sitting down with my foot up (doctor's orders!!) I finished the stitching then took it to the framers.  I think they did a fabulous job and love the shape of the mat surrounding the stitching.
My UFO/WIPs are still overhanging the sides of the tub.
On the top you can see my hexagon quilt - I'm about 3/4 of the way through hand quilting this - I'm quilting around every hexagon.  Stupid I know.

Tomorrow I'm off to my local guild - Geelong Quilting Guild for our November meeting - another chance to do some hand sewing on a UFO.  Slowly but surely I'm making my way through that tub.

Till next time, take care,
Joy

1 comment:

Frances Leate said...

I love your "Little Women" cross stitch picture and I agree the framers did an excellent job. I seem to add more to my UFO heap than I finish but like you I keep plodding along one stitch at a time. Take care.