Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Friends in Print

Some time back I told you all about the friends I met on my trip to the US last year who have a quilting shop in Queensland and that Frances has had some of quilts featured in Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine.

Well this month they are both featured - Frances with her beautiful quilt called A Summer Place and Peter has an article on the 'shed' he built in their backyard for their quilting - yes, I said 'their'.  Both Peter and Frances run the Cairns Craft Centre and he is a hands-on male - he also enjoys designing and making quilts.

The shed is some shed - a tad bit bigger than your average garden shed!!!

If you can't get a copy of the mag here is a link the France's blog where she writes and shows the quilt.  Congratulations to them both.

1 comment:

Frances Leate said...

Thanks Joy, you must come out to visit our Studio the next time you are up in the Far North and I am sure Peter will be able to produce some of his wonderful food for sustenance. Take care.