Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Today I finished my ATCs that I will be taking with me to swap at Houston on the Quilting Arts wall.
I made 8, hope that will be enough and they are all basically the same design, just with a slight variation of the boomerang and shape of the wattle tree. I decided on the wattle as it is our floral emblem and the boomerang being aboriginal. For the background I used a rich blue silk material for the sky and I cut up a serviette for the earth! It was the only thing I had that was a good representation of our red earth. Trouble is I now have 5 instead of 6. Anyone know what I should do with them???

4 comments:

Teresa's Quilt Stash said...

Joy, your post cards are wonderful. When I look at them they say Austrailia. Love the wattle trees and the boomerangs.
Have a good day,
Teresa.

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

Joy, have a brilliant trip. Love the ATCs, hope you find lovely people to swap with.

Sherry Boram said...

I'm glad you are home and recovering from your trip to Houston. It took a lot of money, patience and time to get to the US and I appreciate that!

It was a delight to meet you and Sue at the ATC wall, and to get such a great trading card that is so Australian. The one on the left on your blog is now mine, and no one can pry it out of my fingers!!!

Enjoy your art and your friendships, and thank you very much!
Sherry Boram in Indiana

Joy V said...

Thanks Sherry - I've got yours safely tucked away - it was well cared for in my hand luggage with the other ATCs I swapped. They've all had a long journey.