Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gathering info for Houston

I have been spending some time contacting different crafters/shops who I have dealt with or just like their blogs, etc to see who will be exhibiting at Houston Quilt Festival. I thought this was the easiest way as when I downloaded the Festival catalogue (83 pages!!!) my mind went into 'overload'. There is so much information I'm not sure how we can get around the whole festival and see everything, even though we will be there for 3 days.

Interestingly, quite a few wont be there - cost is too high for some, which I fully understand as our shows here in Oz tend to be very expensive for the exhibitors as well. But there are still a few that myself and friends want to check out. I'm compiling a list of names, what they're doing (if a demonstration etc) and type of things they have. Sue has a list of some other shops to visit as well.

With the information and what has been arranged by the tour company plus our own info we should be well and truly capable of helping the economy of our friends in the US!!!

On my return, depending on how big it turns out, I will post this info and any other info on what we see at Houston for future reference if any of you out there go in the future.

I'm not sure if I will be posting to the blog while away - will depend on computer access.

Two and a bit weeks to go......... have nearly finished my ATCs for Quilting Arts trading wall. When finished will put up a pic.

No comments: