Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More from the Garment District of NY...

Seeing as there is some interest in what we saw and where we went on this fabulous tour of the 'Garment District' of New York, I thought you might like to see more photos of this particular warehouse. 
One of the others girls took this photo of Jenny contemplating what she wanted to purchase.
Check out these buttons - there was more on the other side of the aisle!!!!!  Boxes of buttons, not little containers. 
 And then of course there were the trims - you name it, they had it. There was a whole wall of them.
It was very hard not to go overboard, but I had to keep in mind that this was at the beginning of our trip and we still had 3 weeks to go with Houston at the end, so I was very 'practical' and only purchased that one piece of material in the posting below.  I also actually found it hard to decide on anything (??) there was sooooo much.  We went to a couple of other warehouses as well, not quite as big as this one, a little different also, but just as interesting very very tempting.

2 comments:

jacaranda said...

How did you manage not to go overboard with your buying at this warehouse? I loved the NY Fashion district, every nook and cranny was filled with something delicious. Jenni

Anonymous said...

My heart would have been POUNDING seeing all that fabric, all those buttons, and (gasp)! all those trims!!