Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Friday, March 4, 2016

You Yangs (oops....)

Sorry everyone, I hastily posted earlier today without putting up new photos.  Sorry.

It is just two years ago (last week) that I moved from Anglesea on the Surf Coast to Lara, just outside of Geelong (about 1 hrs drive from Melbourne).

Here are two links to Parks Victoria for the You Yangs and Serendip Sanctuary which are part of the Lara area.  The You Yangs as you will see is a large rocky outcrop that rises out of the surrounding farmland.  Serendip Sanctuary is a bird and fauna sanctuary located at the base of this Rocky Outcrop.  The township of Lara has two small lake areas one is fed from Hovels Creek and the other is man made.  I actually live between these two areas.  The Melbourne/Geelong Highway (Princess Highway [A.1]) passes by the southern edge of the town.

As you can see from the above links it is a beautiful place to live.  I have gone from a 'sea-change' to a 'tree-change'.

Do you remember my 'blank' garden?  Check back to this posting and also this one to see some of the 'original' photos. The previous owner had mulched everything.  Here is what some of the photos now look like -
This is the corner of the back garden.
Natives plus some Geraniums.

Side garden showing my herbs - Sage, Lemon Thyme,
 Oregano and the big one behind Rosemary

The side wall at the back of the garage, near the outdoor table
 and chairs.
 Growing ferns, yukkas, and shade loving plants

My Stag Fern on the back wall between bathroom
 and toilet windows.



6 comments:

Vireya said...

Nice to see the garden growing! Mine is making a little bit of progress, but it's a bit overwhelming at times just how much there is to do.

Jeann of Melton said...

Your garden is coming along nicely, Joy

jacaranda said...

They have grown so much compared to when I saw the garden when you first moved in, looking nice and green.

Jeanette said...

Lovely to see how the plants are changing the dimensions of the space, so much more inviting.

Radka said...

Wow, your Stag Fern!
I can't wait for our spring to get going, so I can be out there with our garden :-)
xx

Martha Ginn said...

Joy, I loved seeing your back yard plantings! My geraniums are the happiest in the winter when we have spring-like temperatures. They really suffer in our summer heat, so I particularly enjoy them now.
Martha