Yesterday I cut some white triangles to put around my star blocks. Sewing the 'Y' seams wasn't too hard at all. It's just the stopping and starting each seam that is a bother. But I will keep going as I like what I see and having already sorted out more reds and blues from my stash to make a quilt (I think...) The templates I sized from EQ6 all work together. A bonus as I didn't want to draw them myself.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Many of my quilts are based on stars of some type. I love them. I have been fiddling around with EQ6 lately and managed to work out how to draw up a 6 pointed star. These are 5 that I have sewn up. I still have to add the set-in pieces to make them into a hexagon shaped block. Not looking forward to that - I might like stars but not sewing set-in pieces. This will test my maths skills and if EQ6 turns out a good block.