For this particular one I used some water soluble and stitched a grid over it. Then I laid down some ribbons and stitched them down then kept adding more stitches and bits and pieces and finally washed the soluble away. I had to wash a couple of times as the stitched piece was quite stiff. Finally I cut it into 4 ATC sizes and for Sheila's I attached it to a piece of black velvet and then added some embellishment and finally edged it. Not sure how I will finish off the other three - would like to make them look different for each person. You can see here the one edged with green is Sheila's.
Unfortunately, I wont be able to post pics here until after they have been received.