Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Yesterday I finished sewing the blocks for the mystery quilt I'm doing. Today I started to play with them on my design wall. Don't know what you think, but I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Just need to find the right orientation for the blocks. This is one way, but there is another which I'm going with - you will have to wait and see when I've sewn them together.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Step 5 is where the shorter of the strips are sewn to one side of the blocks and then joined in rows. I will then be sewing the longer strips in beween four of the blocks, thus making one quite large block. With the very cold weather we're having here in Victoria I'm hoping to finish it off this weekend.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
This first one is a small Baltimore quilt (the squares are 6" square). I made this in a class at The German Quilthouse in Geelong, Vic (unfortunately it has been closed for some time now).
A pity you can't see the dimensional work, but there is a ruched flower, padded little rose buds, and free-form flowers used in the borders.
The whole quilt measures 36" x 36".